Saturday 6 December 2008

multifoliate

That is, multiple foliages.

The vital statistics
Pattern: Foliage by Emilee Mooney from Knitty
Yarn:
green - Manos del Uruguay 100% wool, less than one skein; grey - recycled lambswool, as used to make the wide-brimmed hat
Needles:
4.5mm and 4mm Addi turbos
Start to finish: green - 28 November 2008 to 2 December 2008; grey - 2 December to 5 December

Comments: I've now knit three of these beanies, the first having been one of my secret pal gifts. That one I knit in Malabrigo worsted and it's been interesting to see how the different yarns produce a different finished item.

These were two pretty uneventful knits. I didn't like the Manos del Uruguay as much as I had hoped to.
It was a special skein of yarn because a dear friend was kind enough to purchase it for me when on holiday in New York a couple of years ago already when it wasn't available in Australia.

As such I had planned to use it to make something for baby bear but these hats had to be made and the yarn was there. I wasn't pleased by the thick/thin nature of the yarn, I like things to be a little less rugged than that.

The grey lambswool is excellent to knit with, lovely and soft. I still have heaps left of it, I actually hardly know what to do with it. Anybody want some?

Verdict: Successful knits but autumn has come and gone and it's winter now so no more foliage for a good few months.

No comments: