Thursday 24 September 2009

windy city

We just blew in to the windy city and the windy city is mighty pretty etc etc.

Hooray - we're having a few days in Chicago. I love Chicago. I was last here some ten years ago so I expect that this trip will be a little different to the last.

In 1999, I stayed northwards at the dodgiest youth hostel in Lincoln Park (it may well be much nicer these days). Now we are staying in a plush hotel in the heart of downtown, just blocks from the Art Institute of Chicago.

In 1999, I was a student and on a shoe-string budget. Now, well, I have a husband.

In 1999, it was just me and I did what I liked and pleased myself. Now I am acquainting myself with every children's attraction in the city.

And now I knit. In the airplane - so exciting (ok, if you are from Australia where you can't get knitting needles through airport security for the life of you).

1 comment:

bunting said...

Have a fabulous time - I used to live just outside the city - take Baby Bear to the splashy fountains just outside Navy Pier - she'll love it!