Thursday 18 February 2010

ecklon ex klatt

Also known as a freesia.

After ordering it on 6 February, the final ball of Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK Cotton that I was waiting for arrived in the mail yesterday. It came from Philadelphia, by ground, so perhaps that accounted for the hold up, snow storms and all.

The final colour was freesia, that yellow-green. I was a bit concerned that it wouldn't fit with the rest of the colour scheme for the Icelandic Jacket but I have completed the yoke now and I am absolutely delighted with it. It's not often that I have that 'this-is-what-I-will-knit-for-the-rest-of-my-life' feeling (or crochet, as the case may be). But I've got it now.

I'm thinking through my stash at all the different things I could try this with - Shetland wool, assorted worsted weights, what size would it come out if knit in 4ply? - and all the possible colour combinations of course - ah, this must be the lure of colourwork. Super easy in crochet because although you are effectively crocheting stripes, the different heights of stitches and crocheting into gaps creates colour sequences. I'm even thinking of some variations ... I really could be doing this forever.

No comments: