Tuesday 1 June 2010

may reading













The Outlander by Gil Adamson - This book took a bit of getting into; in fact, for about the first hundred pages I wasn't sure whether I would persevere. By halfway (200 pages) I was enjoying it and the rest was great. I saw this book in a bookshop and reserved it at the library where it became almost immediately available. I felt sorry for the bookshop but gee I love the library. Interestingly, the word 'revenant' appeared in this book, a word that I came across for the very first time in the book that I read last month, If Ever I return, Pretty Peggy-O. Same word, two books in a row.
The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter by Sharyn McCrumb - More sheriff fiction, the next in the series to If Ever I Return, Pretty Peggy-O. I found the plot rather unlikely (just as the first but enjoyed the writing and the characters.

No comments: