Friday 13 August 2010

westknits

I've already waxed lyrical about Stephen West's Daybreak pattern. He also offers a number of other patterns under the Westknits lable so when I saw on his blog that he was doing a spot of destashing before moving to Amsterdam and offering a free pattern into the deal, I jumped at the chance to explore some yummy yarns. I bought from him (top to bottom):
- Madelinetosh merino, worsted weight, in colours graphite, sequoia and baltic.
- Sundara Yarns worsted weight in shade 'Watching the night emerge'.

I'm thinking that I might be able to stripe the graphite and sequoia to produce a slightly larger item.

And thank you to Ann, Wendy and Leonie for their interest in the Daybreak pattern giveaway. I will contact you individually to organise transmission.

And my free pattern? I received Flamboyan, "...an elegant triangular shawl composed of garter and stockinette stitch along with a ribbed edge. Basic intarsia techniques are utilized to achieve a block of color in the center of the shawl. Choose your favorite color combination and luxuriate in this special piece of knitwear!"

eta - oops, except I can't find contact details for Wendy; could you please send me an email?

No comments: