Tuesday 2 November 2010

october reading

It was really a big reading month for me. I seem to have gone from barely reading to remembering how much I love to read and getting in a bit over my head.

Deluxe: how luxury lost its luster
by Dana Thomas - I actually read this over the course of a couple of months but finished it in October. It deserves its own post shortly.

All Together Dead and From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris - more Sookie, more happy ...

Shaker Run by Karen Harper - There was a copy of this at our vacation rental in Georgia but I didn't read it until we got back. I borrowed it from the library in large print which took some getting used to. A thin suspense tale with rudimentary characterisation. Maybe ok if you're actually on vacation.

Third Eye - by Lois Duncan - Last (and perhaps least), one of the books that I read as a teenager and recently discovered the name of. I was apprehensive about returning to these books that I would be disappointed by the lack of sophistication. And I was; but even more so by some of the clumsy concepts in it. Won't be recommending this one to little miss bear.

No comments: