Wednesday 2 March 2011

february reading

Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell - again, ludicrous but better than the previous one.

The Winter Ground by Catriona McPherson - oh I really enjoyed this A very enjoyable read and a really great sense of post-WWI Britain; I loved all the details about class in this volume with phrases such as 'people like us' and 'our sort'. The Dandy Gilver character is wonderful fun.

As is probably clear by now, I like to read crime/mystery fiction and I like to read series, in order, from beginning to end. This is partly because I came to PD James' Inspector Adam Dalgleish books in a haphazard fashion and it always bothered me. I think there's only one more Dandy Gilver mystery available and then I'll be adding this to my list of 'waiting for the next installment'. Speaking of which, where is 'V is for ...'?

No comments: